Monday, February 25, 2013

So sweet!

Seems like I'm back on track now - it's Monday and I made a card!  YIPPEE!  (What can I say - it doesn't take much to get me excited). 

I've been making an effort to use stamps that I've never inked so this card falls into that category.  I have a horrible memory so I don't remember who sent it to me, but I thought it was so cute.  I know some are tired of the "cupcake craze" that has been around for the last couple years, but I thought this was so cute!!  It's just a little Studio G set - but I can tell that I'll be using this one quite a bit.  Even though it's not very clear in the picture, I embossed the black with a new embossing folder I bought last time I went to Pat Catan's (since they were on sale - those sales are so hard to pass up) - it's by Darice.  The papers are some that I've had in my stash and I colored the image with some water-based markers I've had (that are drying out from not being used anymore).  I'm submitted the card for two challenges:  {PIN}spirational Challenges and 'ABC' Challenges.  'ABC' Challenges was the sketch and {PIN}spirational Challenges provided the color. Here is the {PIN}spirational image:




And here's my card using that color:

 
 
Have a blessed day!!!

15 comments:

Pam said...

What a wonderful card. I love the cupcake image! Thanks for joining us at {PIN}spirational Challanges this week.

ddazzled71 said...

Such a sweet card Zella, the color of your inspiration pic is so in right now and I have to say I am a big fan of it! xx

Tammy said...

Such a cute card. Love the cupcake. It makes me hungry!

Becky said...

What a yummy card!

Lynn McAuley said...

Great use of these fun colors, Zella! Such a cute card!! Sweet indeed!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Sweet is right, Zella! Your cupcake looks yummy, as does your card!

Karen said...

Yummy card Zella and I love the bright and fun colours. Glad to see that you are back on track

Deanne Saunders said...

LOVE your card!!! So yummy! Thanks for participating in the {PIN}SPIRATIONAL Challenge blog! Hope to see you again!!
~DEANNE~

Danielle Vincent said...

I'm not tired of seeing cupcakes at all and my daughter who LOVES cupcakes would definitely agree. A great card - love the blue frosting. Thanks for joining us this week at 'ABC' Challenges.

Melina said...

sweet papers! :)

Rosie Gustafson said...

Love the cupcake, one of my favs. Your color combo is wonderful. Thank you for joining us at ABC Challenges. XX Rosie

Jacquel said...

Your card is really cute! Great job working the sketch Hun! Thanks so much for playing with us this week @ ABC Challenges!!!

Ger said...

Wonderful card and a gorgeous cupcake! Thankyou for joining us at ABC Challenges this week.

Lela said...

You did great with the PINterest inspiration, the colors are perfect! Super cute cupcake, thanks for sharing with us at ABC challenges this week

dawnmercedes said...

Oh the blue frosting is perfect for the blue hair inspiration...love it!