Saturday, May 18, 2013

Inkspirational - CASE Study

One of my favorite challenges to participate in every week is Inkspirational ChallengesThe third week of the month is always a CASE and this one was so pretty:
 


While my goal this year is to use what I have instead of buying anything new...I now want a corner rounder!  LOL!!!  I see all these lovely cards with those rounded corners and I love that effect.  There is no way I would be able to do that by hand - so I'm going to have to buy a handy dandy tool.  Any suggestions?
 
Since I don't have a corner rounder, obviously my corners aren't rounded.  I've been in a "blue" mood lately - not "blue" as in bumming, but "blue" as in wanting to use blues.  So instead of using red, I used blue.  I wish I could tie a bow as pretty as the one in that picture but alas, not one of my skills.  Usually I don't even tie a bow - I just do a knot and leave it at that.  And I didn't include a sentiment at the bottom because of the image itself having words.  The image is one that was sent to me in a swap so I don't know what stamp company it is - but I love it.  So here is my take on the card above:
 
 
Believe it or not, I have a couple more cards to post...but that will have to wait until tomorrow.  It's about time to start getting ready for our last "Seven at 7" evening - Seven Saturdays at 7pm - meeting for prayer at church.
 
Enjoy the rest of your Saturday!



9 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

love your CAS blue card -beautiful image and love the ribbon
carol x

Tammy said...

Beautiful cards! Love the images and colors you used!

sandie said...

I have never looked back since I invested in my We R Memory Chomper Crunched, something like that! Email me at sandiesandie16@sandiesandie16@gmail.com if you can't find it.
This stamp is gorgeous and I like how you used blue. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational

Lynn McAuley said...

Love this frilly butterfly!! Such a pretty card, Zella!

Mynn xx said...

What a gorgeous blue and white creation! LOVE that butterfly image and your bow is wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational! :)

Becky said...

Gorgeous butterfly and gorgeous card.

Ruth M said...

Hello Zella,
what a lovely card, the stamp is beautiful and looks fab stamped in blue! A great take on our CASE card and I love your bow!

Lee has instructions and photos on how to use a circle punch to round corners. Visit this post: http://stamping411.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/how-to-make-larger-rounded-corners-and.html - that's a way to round corners without having to buy another tool 'cos I bet you have a circle punch! If you do want to buy a corner rounder tool the Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper is fabulous. It's expensive but it cuts through thicker materials so you can corner round the front and back of your card base in just one punch which is why I love it.

Thanks so much for playing along with us again at Inkspirational, see you next time! Ruth x



dawnmercedes said...

oooh lala...the blue butterfly is CAStastic! I love how you stamped this one!

Kylie said...

I'm LOVING that butterfly! Beautiful CASE. Thanks so much for playing along at Inkspirational xx