Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Twist of Faith #43 - SCENES - Scenic card/or a scenic image

This week at Twist of Faith Card Challenges the theme is "Scenes" - to create a scenic card or a scenic image.  I must admit that this was sort of out of my comfort zone and I don't think I really followed the theme all that well to be honest.  The image I chose from our amazing sponsor, StampArt Design by Kathryne, was Allie & AngelThe image is so sweet and it was sort of a scene already so I didn't create a scene with it - I just let the image speak for itself.
 
Now if you remember, the "twist of faith" is to include a scripture, encouraging verse, or quote.  The quote I used was from my image stash box - I don't know where it came from but I liked it and wanted to use it here.
 
I colored the image with colored pencils.  I thought about markers, but I wanted pencil feel...I didn't even blend the colors much. 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Enjoy your day and take a few minutes to encourage someone....it will not only bless that person - but also you.


13 comments:

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

What a sweet card Zella. Your sentiment works perfectly with it!

Barb said...

Sweet Card Zella--love the colors!

Jenée said...

Very sweet card, Zella. Don't you just LUV Kathy's images? They are wonderful to work with. Like that you chose pencils for the coloring. Since going to Copic markers, I've sadly neglected my pencils, water colors and other mediums. You've made a lovely card.

MiamiKel said...

*Fabulous* Zella!!

ddazzled71 said...

Zella this is just gorgeous. The sentiment is so lovely. xx

Diane Clark-Sutton said...

I think you followed the theme. You have a small scene but a scene non the less. Grest coloring.

Antoinette/Cultivate Life in Joy said...

Zella, you did a wonderful job. You make Allie & Angel come to life in their own little scene with that colorful design paper as background(which I have in stock too).
Hope you come by for a visit on my Blog. Hugs

Glenda Atkins said...

Love the sentiment and the sweet image, very nicely done!
hugs
Glenda

StampArt Design by Kathryne said...

Sweet and pretty card, Zella. The colours and papers add a nice soft touch. Lovely! It's a pleasure to be your sponsor again. xx Kathryne

Karen said...

Such a sweet card Zella and I think you did a fabulous job on the challenge. The little girl with her basket of flowers and little bluebird is so cute. Nicely done.

Melina said...

this is darling! I love that little image :)

dawnmercedes said...

I like the look of colored pencils!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What an adorable card... the image is way too cute!