Friday, October 18, 2013

Pattie's Creations Design Challenge #78 - Orange and Black

It's Friday!!!!  And not just any Friday - but a Friday with a new challenge at Pattie's Creations Design Challenge!  Whoo-hoo!!!  This round the challenge theme is "Orange and Black" - what else would you expect with Halloween right around the corner.  Now I must confess, Halloween is not a holiday that I tend to celebrate....so I chose an image that was more Fall-like rather than Halloween.  Since the image is a silhouette it was easy to get the "black" part of the challenge...but the orange - now that was a different story.  I thought of a sunset and decided to try and create one....so I got out the Spectrum Noir markers and started trying to find the right color of "orange".  When I found it I started coloring but guess what happened?  It was almost out of ink!  UGH!  So I had to use a couple more colors I wasn't planning on using...and when it was done - I was happy!  Imagine that - something that I thought was going horribly wrong turned out to look good to me!  So just add some black & orange bling along with some paper and this is what you get:
 

 I hope you come by and play with us at Pattie's Creations Design Challenge.  The rules are simple - use orange and black for the challenge - and of course, always use an image.  You can use any image you like, although we would be tickled pink if you used a Pattie's Creations image.  

Thank you for stopping by today.  Have a very blessed day!!!!

6 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Zella, great post and great card! That is how all my cards come out - they seem to go horribly wrong somewhere along the way and end up coming out much better than I thought they were going to - LOL! We both picked the same image - how fun is that. Love the bling and your fun papers. Happy Friday! Hugz!

Kelly D said...

I love how you and Nancy have both picked the same image but your cards look so different. Loving the colour scheme that you have chosen and that bling is great.
Hugs Kelly- teamie
xxx

Pattie G said...

Zella,
What a great Halloween card! I love the papers you chose and the gems...

Hugs
Pattie ♥

Sandra DeFalco said...

Zella - I love this card! Great job on coloring the sunset effect, even though it wasn't as you intended, it looks awesome. The added bling pops right off the card!
Sandi ♥
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!

Karen said...

Zella, your card is fabulous and what you did to correct the out of ink problem is ingenious.

Today's Beautiful Moments - Tracey Fehr said...

Oh Zella...I love this card! That orange coloring turned out marvelous! (Aren't ya secretly glad the marker was almost dry! LOL)
Hugs,
Tracey