Friday, December 13, 2013

Pattie's Creations & Card Crafter's Circle

Yep - it's another "2 challenges for 1 post" today!  If you're looking for Card Crafter's Circle please head to the bottom half of the post.

Friday's bring challenges from Pattie's Creations Design Challenge and this challenge couldn't be more timely for me here in Ohio since we have snow...and are expecting a ton more tomorrow.  The theme this week is "Snowy Scene Within The Image".  You just have to check out Pattie's images because she has amazing winter scenes...and my favorite ones are the snow globes!  I chose to use Winter Cottage Snow Globe.  I colored the image but then just thought it had to have some sparkle so I added Stickles for the snow.  I'm usually not a glitter type person but when it comes to Christmas cards I love it.  And gee, I think overall I'm finding a fondness for that sparkling look.  Here's how it turned out:
Remember when joining us at Pattie's Creations Design Challenge you can enter two times for each challenge and your card must always have an image.  While you're not required to use one of Pattie's images, we do love seeing them used. :)

I'm also submitting this card for:

Next up is is more glitter!  LOL!!  This week at Card Crafter's Circle the theme is "Golden Days - Use Gold".  One of the designers is actually the sponsor this week!  How neat is that??!!  Sara Sherlock has some very cute images....one of which I used was "Bells".  Of course after I colored them - and even used my gold metallic pencil - I thought it needed some sparkle.  LOL!!  So out came the gold Stickles and I went a little crazy with them.  This was the final result:
I'm also submitting this card for:

So there it is - two great challenges to take part in - and both can be used for Christmas cards - because if you're like me - you haven't even started addressing them yet....gee, I sure hope I have enough.  LOL!!  Thanks for stopping by today and I pray that you have a very blessed day and Merry Christmas!!!!

12 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Such pretty cards. Love the globe!

Unknown said...

I heard the bells, such a wonderful sentiment. Lovely card. Thank you for joining us today at Word Art Wednesday with your fabulous art.
Advent Blessings of Hope and Peace,
Carole Robb Bisson

Pattie G said...

Zella,

I just love all the glitter that you used on this card and they way you colored my image...

Hugs
Pattie ♥

:: BlueInks :: said...

All of the sparkles are just perfect. Pretty cards!

Heather said...

A gorgeous card, a lovely design and colour scheme, your image is fabulous and with lovely sparkling!!

Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Heather xx

nwilliams6 said...

Hey Zella, I had big plans to catch up with everyone this weekend, but here I am running again this week! Urgh!

To your pretty cards. Love the sparkle and glitter - fun stuff on each card and they are both beautiful. Sparkle is the best Christmas decoration in my book. Love how you did both of these. Hope you are all ready for Christmas - I am running behind like crazy!

You asked what I used on my deer card for snow - I used Snowtex - got it at Hobby Lobby.

Hugz!

Sandra DeFalco said...

Zella - I love the shimmery look of snow on your image. Great combination of papers too!
Wishing you a Happy Holiday.
Sandi ♥
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!

Jennifer said...

Zella, your glittery creations are wonderful! Have a great day!

Shirley-Anne said...

Both cards are awesome
Love the glitter too
hugs Shirley-Anne

Jo Ann said...

Hi Zella...This is so awesome. Love how you glittered the bells. So sweet! Also, I would like to thank you for the sweet comment you left me the other day. I am glad you found some inspiration in my Blog post too. It wasn't just this year when I even thought I could write a book but God will have to confirm if that will even be a possibility. But then, I know that nothing is impossible with God. If He wants me to then, it will happen...LOL I don't have plans at the moment. We appreciate you joining us at Word Art Wednesday and hope you join us again in our new Challenge. Leaving you with God's Word in Hebrews 11:1..."Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." God bless always!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Sara S. said...

Love both of your cards! Glitter is totally appropriate for Christmas cards, although I love sparkle year round.

K8 said...

Amazing with all that sparkle, just fab cards!! Thank you for playing with us at Creative Moments this time, hugs Kate DT