Sunday, March 3, 2013

Black & White in a rainbow?

Well of course there is Black & White in a rainbow....at least there is in the Rainbow Swap on SCS!  LOL!!  This afternoon, instead of a Sunday afternoon nap, I spent some time in the card room.  I was all alone there today too - even my little Boots Kitty was napping!  But because the house was quiet I was able to whip up the next set of cards for the Rainbow Swap.  Keeping with my goal this year of using stamps I haven't inked, I pulled out a set I bought this last year from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps called "Together Silhouettes".  I loved this set when it was released but have never used it.  Why is it that we do that - buy stamps we love and then never use them?  I'm so bad about that.  Anyway, moving on, I thought it would be perfect for the black & white theme.  The paper I used was from my stash.  Now don't go thinking that I can cut a perfect circle cause I can't!  But my tried and true Cuttlebug can cut those circles perfectly every time using Nesties!  Lastly, pop on a few pearls from Darice - and there you have it.  Not only can I not cut out a circle, but layouts are something that are not in my vocabulary either.  So when I saw the challenge at Inkspirational Challenges was a sketch - how could I pass it up!?  This is the sketch:

 

 
Isn't that a great sketch??  So here is my Black & White card inspired by the sketch:
 
 
 
I didn't take a picture of the inside, but it's white and from that same stamp set I used the sentiment that says "I'm so glad there is you". 
 
Don't forget to come by tomorrow for my announcement....I'll give you a hint....it's something I never thought I would ever do!!!  See you tomorrow!  God bless you on this beautiful Sunday!
 

14 comments:

Donna Nuce said...

Nice take on the Inkspirational sketch!

MiamiKel said...

Now that's thinking outside the box! I wouldn't have thought to put B & W in a rainbow but right you are! Andd this is elegant! Way to go on the sketch! x0x0

Lela said...

Super Cute Ms Zella! I love the B&W for this one, esp w/ this image!

sandie said...

Oh how fab you got to use an un inked stamp. I have some still and have no idea why we do this! The image is great and your choice of papers works perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational

Sassy said...

I love black and white! Great take on the sketch. Awesome image!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) A•Muse Consultant #1065 said...

This is so sweet! Love that you used a black/white color scheme. Very striking!

Nancy said...

Such a cute silhouette!! Great take on the sketch.

Ellen said...

Beautiful black & white card! I just love what you did with the sketch! Thanks for joining us this week at Inkspirational!

Cathy said...

Zella, What a great card. I can see why you love that stamp. I tried to comment last week and my computer would not post the comment to your blog. Let's see if this comment posts. By the way I live near Findlay, Ohio.......

Mynnette said...

What a wonderful silhouette image! LOVE the monochrome and I adore your large polka dots! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!!! :)

Dawn Mercedes said...

wow...the silhouette is great!

Emkay said...

Very stylish!

Lynn McAuley said...

Great design with this precious silhouette!! So cute with the black stripes and polka dots, Zella!

Pia S said...

I love stripes, I love spots and I love silhouettes, and your card has 3 out of 3! I like how you've put everything together - great clean design!