Tuesday, April 16, 2013

{PIN}spirational Challenges - #53

Tuesday is also the day the new {PIN}spirational Challenge is released and this week Deanne has selected a great picture for inspiration:
 
 
Isn't this a great picture?  Not only can you be inspired by the coffee, but by scrabble, the word "rain", the pretzel, look inside the cup - birds, and then there is always the brown color palette.  So many directions to go!!!
 
We have 2 sponsors this week with great prizes:
 
(Prize: $15.00)
 
...and...
 
(Prize: 3 Digis)
 
Both companies have so many great images!  I was able to chose an image from Fred She Said Designs.  I took my inspiration from the inside of the cup and went for the word "bird".  I found some great hummingbird images to use!  While I love the traditional colors of a hummingbird, I wanted to go a little bit outside the box so I searched online about hummingbirds.  The neat thing I learned is that there are so many different varities of those little creatures!  I never realized how many different colors there were of hummingbirds!  One that I found is here in Ohio and it's actually the only common breed here in Ohio.  It's called the Ruby throated hummingbird.  So since they are the only common Ohio breed, I had to an orange card:
 
 
So now it's your turn.  How are you inspired by the picture?  I can't wait to see your creation!  Oh, and while you're at it - there is a Birthday Celebration going on at {PIN}spirational Challenges that you'll want to check out too.  Have a blessed day!!!!  And thanks for stopping by!!!
 

11 comments:

Tammy said...

Beautiful card and wonderful colors!

Craft Paper said...

Great job with the challenge. I would have gone for the obvious, brown and white but you did great spotting the ibird and going from there!

Lynn McAuley said...

So very pretty, Zella!! I love the yellows and oranges on this wonderful card!!

jan farnworth said...

pretty card.

Barb said...

Great Cad--Love the colors!

Emkay said...

All that orange makes for such a cheerful card. I love that spotty ribbon. Really pretty card!

ddazzled71 said...

Such a wonderful inspiration photo and I love how you took the not so obvious for your card. The colors are so warm and cheerful and I really love the sweet hummingbird. Beautifully Done! xx

Karen said...

Great inspiration picture and you went with the oh, so subtle image. I really had to look. Zella, your hummingbird is beautiful and I love the oranges.

aworkofheart said...

Hi Zella, love your card, orange is one of my favorite colors, and you have used this is such a beautiful way. I love your hummingbird. I have just become your newest follower, I would be honored if you would come to my blog and become one of mine. Have a great week! Hugs, Cathryn

dawnmercedes said...

I like how you colored those flowers...outstanding!

Tammy said...

I love your colors!