Friday, May 23, 2014

Fill Your Boots

Ah, it was a comedy of errors with my card today.  Have you ever had something in mind when you started and ended up with something completely different?  That's what happened to me here.  I knew what image I wanted to use - Deedee's Digis "Happy Trails" set - and I knew I wanted to use kraft for a main color.  Everything was going along just fine - I cut my image out using a Spellbinders Nestie....had the pieces/parts of paper cut...and then I thought "hey - why not go over the image with a very light tan ink to sort of distress it".  So I did....and then I realized that my idea of "light tan" turned out to be more of the kraft color so my layer piece blended right into the image piece!  Fortunately I had a extra white one cut out from another time and that worked. Of course then what do I do about coloring the image....so I used some blue ink and a darker "tan" to sort of just go over the seams.  The stash came in real handy on this card too - I had this wood "flag" that I never knew what to do with - and the "counting the ways" sticker fit perfectly on it!  Here's the final project:


(inside)

Look at how cute this set is:


I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Thanks for stopping by!  God bless you!!!

5 comments:

Marcy said...

Super fun card! Love those boots! :)

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What a nice use of the image and coordinating sentiment on this great card!

Karen said...

What a fun card Zella and yes, I have started out making a card with an idea and it's completely different when I'm finished. Oh well, I guess that's why it's called creativity.

Gale said...

Fab male card Zella. Love the design and boot stamp. Thanks for playing along with us at PCJ in our "For That Special Man Challenge" and good luck. Hugs, Gale DT

Deanne Saunders said...

Cool card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our A SONG IN YOUR HE{ART} challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
~DEANNE~
A Little Bit O' Paper