Thursday, June 19, 2014

Distress It!

It's a another bitter sweet day for me - today is my last post as part of The Crafter's Cafe Challenge Design Team.  I've enjoyed being part of this wonderful group, but time constraints have meant that I have had to say goodbye for now.  But I'll be back to participate in challenges! 

This week the challenge is "DISTRESS IT" so come on over and show us some great distressing techniques!  This one is way outside my comfort zone....but I tried.....


The image is called "Train" from our sponsor, QKR Stampede.  The embossing layer was sent to me and I "distressed" it with some darker ink to really bring out the steel plate feel.  I then went over it with sandpaper to give it and even more "distressed" feel.  I also went over the image very lightly with that same ink pad.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Thanks for stopping by today!!!  God bless you!!!

4 comments:

Becky said...

What a cool card. Love the images and embossing.

Margaret said...

Fabulous card Zella! Great job on the layout. Thanks for joining us at Creative Knockouts. Good luck! Maggie, DT

Crafting Vicky said...

wow this is gorgeous! Totally adore the great distressing you have done and the embossing!!!

Thanks for joining us at Creative knockouts this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky.

Gale said...

Fab card Zella. Love the design. Thanks for joining us at PCJ in our "Anything Goes Challenge" and good luck. Hugs, Gale DT