Tuesday, February 5, 2013

CRAFTY GAL's - CASE-ing Jeanette


It's February 5th - time for the CRAFTY GAL's blog posting and this month the challenge was to CASE a card from Jeanette's blog Cre8tive Play: It's Cheaper than Therapy.  Now isn't that just a great name for a blog?  CASE-ing Jeanette isn't an easy thing to do because she is an AMAZING card maker and each one is so special and beautiful.  I started off thinking I was just CASE-ing one card but when I was done I realized that it didn't look anything like the one she did - my image was much smaller and the layout was different.  So then I moved things around again and decided I would just say this:  Instead of CASE-ing one card, I decided to do themes instead.  (Gee, doesn't that sound like I'm trying to pull off a snow job?  LOL!!  I confess, in a way I am because I don't have time to make another card...LOL!!).  One thing that Jeanette does that I have never really done is to mix shapes.  That's really where this all started.  I found a card on her blog where 2 different shapes were used and it so went out of my comfort zone so that's where I started.  For those of you on SCS, you will find Jeanette is known as "Forest Ranger".  She hosts a series of swaps regarding the "Forest" theme and once she did one about critters in the Forest....so my card is a critter.....(Gee, I'm really reaching here aren't I?  LOL!!).  Before it gets to be about 5 feet of snow here, I better stop my little snow job and just post my card.  Have a great day!  And Jeanette - I hope I did you justice.  :)



11 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh, Zella... I "toadily" love your card!!! And your post had me snickering all the way through. Love your sense of humor!

I think you did a fabulous job CASE'ing me......... SNOW joke! you did!

This is such fun being CASE'd!!!

Barb said...

Zella--this is a cutie! And I loved reading your post too--put a smile on my face today!

Melina said...

That is so cute! I love the card you made in honor of Jeanette :)

Laura said...

Really cute! Fabulous card to honor Jeanette!

Sharon said...

Cute Froggy!! Love it!!

Unknown said...

Great frog card!

Gardner's Basket said...

Too cute!! Great way to honor Jeanette, with a critter.

Lynn McAuley said...

Super cute card, Zella! I love it since my latest card also features a toad!!

Welcome to Tangled Up In Creativity! We are so excited that you have joined us!!

Diane Clark-Sutton said...

You did a great job mixing shapes. The frog background paper is very cute.

Karen said...

Super toad card Zella! Welcome to Tangled Up in Creativity. It will wonderful to visit and see all your fabulous creations.

Becky said...

Welcome to Tangled Up In Creativity! We are so glad you joined us.
Wonderful card.