Friday, July 5, 2013

It's July 5th - CRAFTY GAL Time!

If you read my blog regularly - and thank you if you do! - you have read about the Crafty Gals over at SCS.  Crafty Gals is a blog group where I'm privileged to be a member.  These ladies are amazing!  Each month our group leader selects a member - and we scour their blog for inspiration...because on the 5th of the month we post a project in honor of that person.  The project can be a CASE of a project on her blog, or it can be something that reminds us of her.  Well guess what?  July 5th is here and the Crafty Gal of the month is ME!  Shocking huh?  I was very shocked!!!  These ladies are amazing and I can't believe they could be inspired by anything that I create.  But alas, they had the challenge this month.  Their blogs are listed to the left - go check them out!  (And not just a post about me...but go through their blogs and you'll understand why I am so humbled to be part of this amazing group).
 
Since I can't really CASE myself, I thought I would make a card that reminded of the group as a whole.  But you'll have to wait for that because first I want to tell you a bit about the Crafty Gals.....
 
Melina - Queen of the Crafty Gals
Melina is our group owner.  She does so much to keep this group running smoothly.  I'm sure more than we even can begin to know.  She's always so upbeat and if I had to sum up Melina in a word it would "gracious".  Oh - and she makes the most AMAZING CAS cards!!!
 
Barb - owner of the Wednesday Camel
Yep, Barb has this Wednesday hump day camel that comes out every week and gives us smooches!  It doesn't seem like the day is complete with him.  Now something else about Barb - I believe she must have two homes.  One she lives in...and one with all the DSP she has in her collection!  LOL!  Look at her cards - they always have the perfect paper!
 
Jeanette - aka Forest Ranger on SCS
Jeanette is quite the woman!  She must be a morning person because every morning the Crafty Gals get a GOOD MORNING from Jeanette!  She is another expert card maker and always has the perfect paper too (but I still think Barb's collection must be larger!).  Jeanette's cards are always extra special because the insides look as lovely too!
 
Joan - aka Sassy
Sassy is the queen of altered art!  She is amazing!!!!  I even have something she made just for me - it holds my Christmas cards every year and I love it!!  Sassy is just like her name - sassy - a bundle of online energy!  But here's the thing - I don't think she realizes just how talented she is!!!  She could open her own store with the things she designs!!!  Oh - and she always shares amazing glittery blinkies and pictures/graphics in our group!!!  (Jeanette does too!)
 
Diane - one very brave soul!
Now why would I say that Diane is a brave soul?  Because right now she is spending time with a teenagers!  LOL!!!  Diane is a kind soul and caring too!  Have you ever heard of "Operation Write Home"?  If you ever have extra cards you don't know what to do with - contact Diane - she can find a good home for them!!
 
Sharon - one busy lady!
Sharon is not only a SU Demo, but also does Avon and is a mom!  WOW!  Now one thing that Sharon doesn't know is that I'm VERY envious of her.  (Ah, I know - it's a sin to covet your neighbors stuff....).  So what do I covet?  HER STAMP ROOM!!  Go to her blog and check it out - she has a virtual tour in her April 3, 2013 post.  You'll be jealous too!  Plus you'll see all her amazing cards along the way.  She did a marathon card session to finish the 100 cards in 100 days challenge!  WOWzers!
 
and last, but certainly not least.....
 
Lela - my coffee buddy!
I have been blessed to not only know Lela in the virtual world of blogland and SCS - but also in person!  We live about 30 minutes apart and so we try to meet up for coffee every so often.  Lela is such a great person - she doesn't even mind that my hubby comes along too!  Now talk about another busy person - not only does Lela work full time (or even more than full time as her hours are long and she travels a lot), but she is also going back to school too!  She is one of the most kind-hearted people I know!  When we get together it's a great time of sharing and relaxing....and Lela, I'm looking forward to this Saturday! 
 
So there you have it - the Crafty Gals.  Each woman is unique, talented, encouraging, and holds a special place in my heart.  I love you my friends!  And in honor of you, I made this card because your smiles and laughter and fun are a very important part of my life: 
 
 
 


9 comments:

Susiestampr said...

Lovely card, just joined your blog, and Melina, since she lives in Alabama and we are friends via SCS..
Hugs susie

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh my goodness, Zella... you've made me cry! WHAT A SWEET SWEET POST! You have touched my heart with your kindness and your insight into each of the Crafty Gals!

Your card is lovely!

Your friendship is Amazing!

You are such a joy!!!

Melina said...

Oh my goodness! It's your month and you honor everyone else in the group! You are SO SWEET! Oh my! I love your post, all the kind things you said about the GALS. Wow!
Your card is spectacular too! I love that flowery balloon! :)
Big Hugs!

Sharon said...

Zella, such sweet things you have said about everyone!! I had tears streaming by the time I got to the bottom of the post. You are such a sweetie!! Love ya!!

Karen said...

Beautiful card Zella. What a wonderful tribute to your group of ladies. Loved reading their bios that you put together.

Tammy said...

Beautiful! Congrats on being honored!

MiamiKel said...

Congrats on your feature!! Your gallery is a fun one, it would be hard to chose :) Oh and our vacation starts this upcoming week - still here for a few more days! (and hopefully they will be crafty days!) :)

Lynn McAuley said...

Love the colors, layers, and jewels on this beautiful card!!

Loved reading about your crafty friends!!

dawnmercedes said...

I am not this far behind in commenting...ugh...sorry...and that is a darling iamge!!!