Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!!!!

2013 has arrived!  I hope you had a wonderful New Year's Eve.  Mine was outstanding!  We went to our Watch Night Service at church and the service was beautiful.  The evening ended with communion and I can't think of a better way to usher in the New Year! 

Today is the last day of vacation for me - it's back to work tomorrow.  I'm ready tough.  It's nice being off and spending time at home.  But I do enjoy my job.  I'm truly blessed.

Another great way to start the year off is spending time in my craft room and that's what I have done this morning.  This card was made for the Color Combination Challenge over at SCS.  The colors were Gold, Silver, and White with the extra challenge of making the card an anniversary or wedding card.  I knew I had to participate in that color scheme because I had some metallic cardstock that would be great!  And I even drug out the old punches for the card.  Of course I had to wipe the dust off of them first...,.and then dig through them to find the heart one (which of course was all the way at the bottom!).  I also followed the theme of the card into the inside.  I've never done much with the insides of cards - usually left them blank.  But I want to start doing more on the inside too.  This is also card 1 of 100 in 100 days.

Enjoy your first day of the New Year!  And don't give up on those resolutions yet! 


7 comments:

Lela said...

Happy New Year Zella! Great Card, love the pretty hearts. 1 of 100 done :) Welcome to Blog World

~Paola~ said...

wowww..beautiful and elegant card! Love the rich silver and gold hearts....and the finished inside as well...

Happy NEW Year to You too Zella!♥

Janet said...

Perfect card of love!! Happy New Year to you also!!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

How pretty! Love the silver/gold shine!!!

Christine said...

So pretty, I love shiny things. This card totally passes the magpie test.

Melina said...

Love, love the shiny hearts! Happy New Year :)

dawnmercedes said...

Oh wow...the silver and gold is great!