Saturday, January 12, 2013

Late Night Cards

Last night was a late one....struggling with insomnia.  Usually I have one night a week for that and it does tend to be Friday nights.  Not sure if it's because after working all week my mind just going a mile a minute and keeps me up.  But whatever the reason, last night I decided to spend some time in my craft room playing. 

Off course all three of these cards go towards the 100 Cards/Projects in 100 Days Challenge over at SCS.  I'm up to 15 different cards in 12 days....one of them I made several cards so really I have made 17 cards in 12 days.  Hopefully I can keep this pace up!  We'll see.

This week the 'ABC' Challenge was a CAS card.  When I saw the challenge, I thought "oh-no!"  Why is it that CAS cards are so difficult?  Although who knows, maybe all my cards could be considered CAS compared to some that I have seen.  There are such beautiful cards out there with so much stuff on them....I can never figure out how to do those either.  Anyway, at first I wasn't even going to attempt it - even thought "maybe this challenge stuff isn't for me after all"...but then I figured I'd give it a shot.  And guess what?  I'm really happy with how it turned out!  Really happy - especially since I even used a stamp set that I have never used.  Confession time - the set is even starting to discolor I've had it so long....LOL!!  So not only was a I very pleased with the card, but it also helped with my goal of using the stamps I have never used!




The next card I made was for a challenge blog I stumbled upon this week:  Shopping Our Stash.  I'm super excited about finding this challenge because it will also go along with my goals for this year - using what I have instead of purchasing something new.  The challenge was to use buttons -but not just any buttons....the oldest buttons we have!  Now I can't say for sure that the buttons on this card are the oldest I have in my stash...but they sure are close!

 The card is also for another challenge I stumbled on this week:  Totally Papercrafts whose challenge this week was to use ribbon.  Now this is right up my ally too!  I have LOTS of ribbon and love to use it!!!

And I guess "3rd Time is the Charm" so to speak because this is also the card I submitted for the Color Combination Challenge over at SCS.

 
 
 
The last card I made was one that I had previously cut out the pieces parts and colored the image, but never completed.  I remembered it when I came across another challenge yesterday:  Craft Us Crazy.  The challenge was to be inspired by an image that had a sewing theme....so out pops Cocoa from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps.
 
 
 
So that was my evening in my craft room.  After that I was able to sleep.  Amazing how "Craft Therapy" works.  Have a blessed day!!!

9 comments:

Debs said...

Beautiful cards.
Love the rose image.
Thanks for playing along with us at TPC this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

kel Acopan said...

great job zella!! and way to go putting that insomnia to work lol!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Zella, these are such pretty cards. Love your creativity.

Patty Gorka said...

I'm so glad you decided to play along because you made a perfect CAS card! Great way to use some different/new stamps too! Thank you for joining us this week at ABC challenges!

Sharon said...

Love those cards!!! The mouse though,he is just so cute!! He's my favorite!!

Ana Carolina Little said...

Zella, beautiful cards!!! I love the simplicity of the first one... Love it!!! and that mouse is so CUTE!!!.

Linda said...

What wonderful cards! I love all of them :)
Thank you so much for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

*crafty hugs*

Linda

dawnmercedes said...

I like the leaf...very comforting for the receiver!

Blogger said...

With RentalCars you can find the cheapest rental cars from over 49000 locations across the globe.