Monday, August 19, 2013

Eureka Challenge #53 - Dog Days of Summer

August is typically referred to as "The Dog Days Of Summer" - so isn't that the perfect theme for the this week at Eureka Stamps Challenge ?  Often the month of August is hot and sticky here and this year is no different.  Personally, I'm not a fan of the humidity and the heat.  I mean gee, lets face it - there is only so much a woman can take off and still be modest!

This year it seemed like many of my Facebook friends spent time at the beach.  They all posted their pictures and, while the pictures were great to see, it made me very jealous.  So I decided my "Dog Days of Summer" card would be a beach/vacation theme.

The image I used is Beach Boy and the sentiment is Fun In The Sun.  Continuing in my quest to use what I have, the papers and embellishments were all in my stash.  (I'm wondering if I'm ever going to make a dent in this stash!  LOL!!).   Here's the final result:
 

As usual, the winner of the challenge will win images so get creating so you can link up and hopefully add to your stash of digi's!

Thanks for stopping by and God bless you today!!!!

3 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

Great summer words background for this cute little beach boy!! What a fun card, Zella!

Unknown said...

Your summer card is SO adorable, Zella!! One of my favorite Eureka images.

Thanks so much for your kind comments on my Eureka card! Those surfboards were from a package of die cuts by Basic Grey called "Soleil".

ddazzled71 said...

Such a fabulously fun image and card Zella, I love the Summer Word Text Background it brings in so many wonderful colors. We are seeing spring come to life here at the moment so our Summer is just around the corner.