Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Twist of Faith #52 - Easel / Pop-up Cards

I'm such a basic person.  My cards are always the "Plain Jane" type - more basic, and always the basic A2 size.  When I saw the challenge for Twist of Faith this week was "Easel or Pop-up Cards" - I started shaking in my shoes!  I've never done anything like that.  But one of the neat things about being on Design Teams is that I'm pushed out of my comfort zone.  So I waited until the last minute but last night after work made my very first Easel card.  Our sponsor this week is Eureka Stamps - and that just happens to be one of my favorite stamp companies!  I used a digi called "Fall Set of 4".  Yep, there are 4 stamps in that set but I only used one - the pumpkin.  I guess I'm into Fall cards now that it's the unofficial last week of summer.  So what do you think of my first try:



Ok, so now I want to see yours!  Give me ideas for this new-to-me card because I know you all have made them before and are such amazing artists!  Stop on over at Twist of Faith this week and share your talent.  Thanks for stopping by today.  Blessings to you and your family.

12 comments:

Papercrafting Princess said...

Love the stripes and polka dots! You did great on your first easel.

Barb said...

Zella--your card is perfect! You need to branch out and make more of these cool shapes!

Great colors and I love that image!

Tammy said...

Love your pumpkin card and especially the polkadot paper!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What a fun pumpkin card! Love the easel effect!

Lynn McAuley said...

What pretty papers with this gorgeous pumpkin image, Zella! I love this awesome autumn easel design!!

Karen said...

Zella, I hear you about the unofficial end of summer. I always feel that the new year starts in September. Great fall card, love the pumpkin and the leaves.

Melina said...

Oh that is a cute image. Love this :)

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Good on you Zella for stretching yourself! Your card is terrific.
Keep playing barefoot and then you won't need to worry about your shoes.

Glenda Atkins said...

Wonderful pumpkin image and a delightful fall card!
hugs
Glenda

Today's Beautiful Moments - Tracey Fehr said...

Zella...I'm glad I wasn't the only one shaking in my shoes when I saw the easel card challenge! LOL. Your card is stunning and turned out beautifully...and had you not confessed to it being the first I know I would have never guessed!
Hugs,
Tracey

Antoinette/Cultivate Life in Joy said...

Hi Zella, Your first easel-pop up card turned out fantabulous. I absolutely love your coloring and color combination used to make the pumpkin image pop so beautifully.
You are a Blessing.
Hugs,
Antoinette

MiamiKel said...

Oh fabulous, Zella!! Now this is Fall!!