Friday, December 6, 2013

Crafty Gals - Christmas decor....and sad farewell

I'm late...I'm late...for a very important date!!!  The week slipped away from me and I missed the 5th of the month posting for Crafty Gals.  Maybe I was just forgetting on purpose because I didn't want to face the fact that this will be the last Crafty Gals post I'll do since the group will be disbanding at the end of the December.  I'm so sad....yet completely understand why the group is ending.  I've been able to get to know these AMAZING women who are not only wonderful paper crafters - but just great ladies who have a very special place in my heart.

Since this is December, Melina (our leader) asked us to post either our Christmas cards or Christmas decorations.  My cards aren't done yet...UGH....so can't post them.  But we did put out a tree last weekend.  About 5 years ago we gave away our tree and decorations because we just didn't have room to store them.  We decided since we didn't have kids at home we just wouldn't decorate.  That worked out well for the last few years.  But this year Christmas dinner is at our house - my mom is coming over.  I told her this year she is just sitting back and propping her feet up for Thanksgiving and Christmas - that I would do it all.  That meant we had to get a tree.  So off we went to buy a small tree and decorations.  Russ' favorite color is blue...so when I saw the blue and silver ornaments I knew our tree had to be blue and silver with white lights.  We still need to get a topper....but when we put it up the first time it looked great!  Yes, you read that right...the first time.  About a half hour after we put it up, our kitty decided to get in the window and when he did he got tangled in the tree & lights and jumped down taking the tree with him.  So yes, we had to put the tree up again.  It didn't look as good the second time because I didn't redo the lights and ornaments...just sort of set it back up and hoped for the best!!!   We will not only get a topper, but buy another set of ornaments so that there will be twice as many ornaments.  Here's the second time set up (without the extra ornaments or topper yet):


 And now - here in Ohio - it's snowing so it's really beginning to feel and look like Christmas!!  I wish you and your families a very Merry CHRISTmas!!!!  Presents are fun and decorations are beautiful....but don't forget to reflect what the real meaning of this beautiful season is all about.  Blessings to you!!!!

4 comments:

:: BlueInks :: said...

Zella, those blue ornaments are really pretty. I am so afraid to put up a tree this year with our cat....now after reading this....still afraid!

Enjoy the holiday!

Barb said...

Zella--I love the color of the ornaments. I bet it will look wonderful with the topper and additional ornaments when your mom comes.

Thanks for being a crafty gal!

Sharon Madson said...

It is a pretty tree! Thanks for sharing. :)

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Your tree is very pretty! I'm glad it survived the tumble. Loved the story of the kitty mishap!