Friday, January 17, 2014

Kitty Bee Designs - Something New

I'm so excited!!!  This is my very first post as part of the Design Team at Kitty Bee Designs!  The theme for this weeks challenge is "Something New".  It can be a new technique, new product, etc.

 Our sponsor for this challenge is:

I was able to use "Little Miss Sassy" for my card.  When it came to something new - well, I must admit that I'm not one to try new things very often.  I knew I wanted to try a new technique, but didn't quite know what to do.  Getting me to step out of my comfort zone isn't an easy thing!  LOL!!  I scanned through tutorials on YouTube and found one that I liked:  the Barbello Technique.  

I used blues as my main color but then wanted to add another color to my background so I looked through my scraps of dsp and found some that went together.  After playing around a bit with it and finding something that I liked, I taped them together and voila - instant background!
Some on over and visit us at Kitty Bee Designs.  Try something new!  You never know, you might just find a new technique to add to your bag of tricks....or a new product that you will find is your new favorite item!!!  Thanks for stopping by today and spending a few minutes of your day with me.  God bless you!

6 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Congrats on your new DT and first post, Zella! THey are gaining a star! This is just so vibrant and fun - just pops right off the screen! Wonderful work, as always! Blessings!

verybellemakes said...

This is a great card Sells, love the background - great way of using up odds and ends too!

Victoria x (Kitty Bee teamie)

verybellemakes said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jimlynn said...

Big congrats on the new DT! That's fantastic news. Love your card and all that blue!! VERY nice!
lynn

Carol W said...

Congratulations on the DT spot and first post...You did a great job..I love the colors and layout...the new technique on the background is amazing...Well done.

Marcy said...

Congrats on your new DT and this card is so adorable! Hope you're having a great weekend! :)