Friday, January 10, 2014

Pattie's Creations Design Challenge #83 - Stitching (Faux or Real)

WE'RE BACK!!!!  Yep, Pattie's Creations Design Challenge is back in full swing for 2014!  Our first challenge for the year is STITCHING - Faux or Real.

Now honestly, I can't sew.  I have a nice Singer sewing machine that I bought because I wanted to learn to sew.  I'm a very "all or nothing" type of person...so instead of just trying something small - I went out and bought the machine, a bunch of patterns, material, and set out to be a seamstress!  The first thing I decided to make was a teddy bear for my granddaughter.  When it was done - it looked like a giant mouse.  Since then my sewing machine has not been used...that granddaughter just turned 9 years old this month and I made the bear for her when she was still a baby I think.  Wow, how time flies.  I've often thought I would try sewing on cards...but never have.  I really need to do that.  But since I didn't want to try on a challenge card....I decided to do faux stitching.  And honestly, I've learned that I not only can't sew...but I can't "faux sew" either.  LOL!!

The image I used is "Candy Hearts Jar".  What a great image for Valentine's Day!!!  I always loved eating those conversation hearts when I was a kid....and who am I kidding - I still love them!!  Even just last year I remember sitting on the couch with my husband and eating those.....yeah, we are just a couple kids.

The image is colored with Spectrum Noir markers, cut using a Spellbinders die and then layered it with the next size up.  I did the faux stitching with a marker.


Please join us at Pattie's Creations Design Challenge....and show me how good stitching should really look - LOL!!!  

I'm submitting this card for the following challenges:
Thanks for stopping by today and spending a few moments with me.  Blessings to you and your family!!!

13 comments:

SarahGeorge said...

Love this card Zella :) so cute and cheerful :)

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What fun faux stitching... love your card!

Sandy said...

This is a very sweet Valentine card! I love the little hearts in the jar, faux stitching and the touch of pearl dots. So glad you're a part of the Deedee's Digi team!

Sandra DeFalco said...

Zella - I had to chuckle when you said your Teddy bear project looked like a giant mouse, LOL!! You reminded me of my sewing class in high school (yikes 50 years ago!)when my first project was a dirty clothes bag that looked like a puppy's head. I hated that class!
Anyway, I think you did a perfectly fine job of 'faux' stitching, looks great to me!
Sandi ♥
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

Hi Zella! This card is super cute, love the faux stitching. Was hoping you could e-mail me about DT opportunity. Audrey danmoose@aol.com Hugs!

Karen said...

This is such a sweet card, Zella! The image is adorable and so perfect for Hearts Day! :o) I love the layers and the abundance of color throughout your design. Beautiful work! Thank you for playing along with us at 7 Kids College Fund!
Hugs and blessings,
Karen

crafty-stamper said...

love the jar of hearts image and bright B.papers-thanks for joining us at Crafty Girls
Carol DT x

Unknown said...

You just made me laugh Zella. You sound just like me ~ "all or nothing". LOL

LOVE your adorable card!!

Marcy said...

Pretty card and your faux stitching looks great! I always have a hard time so I'll need to practice! Have a great weekend! :)

Pattie G said...

Zella,

I love your faux stitching and the way you colored my image.

Hugs
Pattie ♥

Michele Cunningham said...

Those candy hearts look good enough to eat!!! what a fun card. Thanks for sharing with us at http://7kidschallengeblog.blogspot.com/

Debs said...

Lovely card, thank you for joining us with our Anything goes theme at The Crafter's Cafe.
Hugs Debs

Kelly D said...

Zella, I am so sorry I am sooo late in commenting on your card, life is pretty hectic here at the moment.
I love the image you have chosen for the card and all the little stitching techniques you have used are fab.
Thanks for being a fun teamie and I hope to see you around in blog land in the future.
Crafty Hugs
Kelly
xxx